Careers New York
No current vacancies
Tax Operations Analyst (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking a confident, motivated operations analyst to join our tax operations department for up to 12 months while one of our team takes parental leave. The main purpose of the role is to process tax relief requests that come in from various international markets and to provide professional, high quality customer service to clients and external stakeholders using the Acupay system. Though experience in asset servicing would be beneficial, it’s not as essential as common sense, flexibility and an interest in learning the ins and outs of international tax reclaim processes. This role also has some office management responsibilities including some reception duties, filing and general administration.
As this is a maternity cover, the successful candidate will be excited to hit the ground running and will approach new tasks with a positive and common sense approach. As a fair amount of requests come from Germany, fluency in German would be a big bonus. We anticipate an early-mid January 2020 start date with a 9-12 month contract.
What you'll be doing:
- Processing and monitoring tax relief requests (Relief at Source, Quick Refund, and Long Form Reclaims), including entitlement monitoring and documentation management, across various markets
- Liaising with DTC, paying agents, and other domestic clearing systems to facilitate the above
- Archiving of files of clients and projects in our electronic system, ensuring all operational contact databases are up to date
- Ensuring physical documents are filed accurately and efficiently
- Providing technical support to clients using the Acupay System and conducting training when required
- Responding to client inquiries and liaising with users of the Acupay System, constantly striving to offer exceptional customer service. Building strong client relationships and cross-selling other services • Collecting and validating documentation for filing reclaims in different markets • General reception and office administration including: Answering phone calls; sending and receiving deliveries; ordering stationery; facilitating equipment repairs, etc
What you'll bring:
- Proven client relationship and problem solving skills
- Interest in and knowledge of financial markets, equities and debt instruments
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong client focus and ability to participate in client meetings and conference calls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including client communication and ability to mark up legal/procedural documents
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, willing to go the extra mile and work at own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, to work independently as well as to be a team player, particularly across different sites and time zones
- Asset servicing experience (tax or corporate actions) would be a bonus - as would proficiency in speaking and writing German
If you think you'll be a great fit for this role, please send us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org .