Careers New York
We are seeking an experienced and capable Operations Lead to oversee and improve our operational processes, including settlements, certifications and client liaison. Pivotal in helping Acupay to realise our growth objectives, this role will prioritize pushing forward change to enhance and develop our operational systems and processes.
Reporting to the Global Head of Operations, you will work closely with all department heads, the Company President, and external stakeholders (including clients and vendors) to ensure the operating requirements of the company are enacted and best practice is followed. As such, you will have excellent understanding of back office operations and withholding tax and certification processes and be a champion of efficiency and excellence for the operations team as well as the company as a whole.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversight of client positions in the Acupay System to ensure that these are matched correctly and all settlement processes have been completed
- Monitoring tax relief requests (Relief at Source, Quick Refund, and Long Form Reclaims), including entitlement monitoring and documentation management, across various markets
- Liaising with DTC, paying agents, and other domestic clearing systems to facilitate the above
- Develop new processes and procedures. Enhancing existing processes and procedures to ensure consistent best practice
- Drive system development and change, including working with the Technology team to develop and implement updates, including testing as required
- Providing technical support to clients using the Acupay System and conducting training when required
- Contribute to product development and lifecycle management, providing expertise and feedback to the Product team during the requirement definition, validation, design, development, qualification, launch and management of new products and product components.
- Participate in external meetings and respond with requisite knowledge to questions from existing or prospective clients or prospects interested in the services Acupay provides, with a specific focus on non-vanilla investor types or markets
What you'll bring:
- At least 8 years of experience dealing with multiple disciplines in relation to back office operations with a particular focus on the settlement lifecycle and corporate actions
- An understanding of withholding tax and the certification process
- Proven track record of formulating and implementing research and development strategies and operating practices
- Proven project management skills
- Aptitude for strategic, analytical thinking and operational implementation
- The ability to influence and successfully persuade staff at all levels to adopt new operating practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary
- An annual performance based incentive
- Generous annual leave and sickness entitlements including a day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working environment so you have the option to work more flexibly
- Annual learning and development budget
- Company social events including summer/holiday parties
Find the complete job description here
If you think you'll be a great fit for this role, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to CareersNYC@acupay.com
We do not currently have any vacancies.