Careers New York
Chief Technology Officer
REPORTING TO: Co-Presidents
LINE REPORTS: Systems and IT team
LOCATION: New York and London, with some international travel
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Lead all aspects of the Company’s technology development including the design, construction and operation of all of the technology through:
- assuring the effective operation of the Company’s existing technology,
- adapting existing technology to serve new markets, and to accommodate changes to relevant laws or administrative requirements,
- designing, building and deploying leading-edge technical solutions to improve the Company’s services, and
- creating or deploying advancements in technology relevant to the securities industry.
Responsible for establishing, developing and executing the companies technical vision and strategy and ensure that it supports the business in all activities. Evaluate how technology can be used:
- to enable new business models, business lines, products and services – to stay ahead of the curve;
- to increase revenues, and
- to pre-empt a competitor’s attempts to use technology to disrupt the company’s market position.
Contemplate long-term innovation, broaden the strategic horizons of the company, and envision future paths. Overall responsibility for the long term direction of technological planning and development.
Maintain technology architecture and ensure that architecture supports the growing and changing needs of the business.
Coordinate on a regular basis with Product and Business Analytics the current priorities for the technology team. Coordinate, prioritize and assign issues within the technology team.
Build and manage an elite technology and design team:
- Coordinate team’s work load,
- Keep team motivated,
- Be the first person of call in the case of urgent questions, problems and emergencies,
- Give hands-on support when the team is under pressure to deliver, and
- Manage and support employees so they deliver to the best of their abilities.
Anticipate technology changes and ensure the company remains ahead of competitors. Monitor technical and social trends that could impact the company, turn them into opportunities.
Develop a technology project plan together with a budget and wishlist (for sign off by Co-Presidents) and oversee it during the course of the business year.
Handle any urgent situations proactively and with due diligence and care.
To proactively renew and update current technologies to avoid system failures.
Supervise IT vendor risk management.
Supervise the drafting, revising and implementation of various IT-related procedures and policies.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Strong technology vision with the practical ability and experience to design, build, and run the IT and development teams.
Creative and visionary IT / technology experience.
Demonstrable track record of high level aptitude and tenacity to drive this part of the business forward in order to achieve its strategic business outcomes.
Zeal for technology innovation and creativity.
Excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills. Strong leadership skills and proven experience. Ability to effectively communicate with other teams and external stakeholders at all levels. Ability to interpret and communicate across the team, the wider business and clients, in a way that is easy for all to follow.
Ability to assimilate the Company’s technology / IT needs in a very short amount of time
Excellent business sense
Ability to identify opportunities for process perfection, create strategies and implement them
Persuading and influencing own team and internal stakeholders
Knowledge of project planning methodologies and best practices.
Business & results focus
Strategic & operational planning
Conduct activities in accordance with the requirements and procedures of the Company
Drive to push the company ahead
Ability to work under pressure
Willingness to work around the clock
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES and OBJECTIVES
Overall responsibility for the company’s technology direction with a focus on commercialization outcomes. Determine how technology can be used to implement the business strategy.
Create overall plan for technological advancement; break down into action plan and milestones. Identify and prioritize development initiative and set timetables for evaluation, development and deployment of services for review by and discussion with the co-presidents.
Build visible technological leadership. Communicate the company's technology strategy to Co-Presidents, Chairman, staff, partners, clients and stakeholders. Share knowledge and educate co-presidents and staff with regard to the company’s IT and technology vision, opportunities, and challenges.
Collaborate with co-presidents to establish technology governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks properly managed and the company’s resources are used responsibly.
Overall responsibility to run all aspects of the technology through all phases of the application development process including analysis, design, program specification, coding/development, quality assurance, testing, documentation and user training.
Ensure the company is ahead of the curve. Identify technology trends, best practices and evolving social behaviour that may support or impede the success of the business. Attend relevant conferences, read widely including peers’ blogs! Identify technological opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to business success.
Cooperate with appropriate departments (especially Business Analytics division) to assess and recommend technologies that support the company’s needs as well as coordinate conflicting priorities and handle urgent situations.
Responsibility for development and execution of disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
Establish testing policies and methodologies and ensure that they are adhered to.
Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards.
Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
Overall responsibility for the timely and cost-effective delivery of technological solutions for all company needs from the improvement of operational processes, the development of new products and services.
Keep abreast of current projects in the company and tax laws and regulations to ensure company technology reflects internal requirement market requirements. Effectively liaise with Business Analytics Division to ensure that technology strategy is in harmony with product requirements and operational needs.
Build and develop an elite IT/Systems team. Identify staffing needs for the IT/ Systems team. Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance of staff through appraisal process.
Collaborate with Co-Presidents to select any outsourced technology vendors.
Maintain current information about technology standards and compliance regulations.
Maintain professional competence by complying at all times with the training and competence procedures of the company
The above are not necessarily exclusive and you may be asked to undertake other duties as deemed appropriate by senior management.
Fixed salary, with excellent prospects + annual performance based incentive.
Send your CV and a motivation letter to HR@acupay.com.
Legal, Compliance and Risk Officer
Purpose of the Role:
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to the business to identify, assess and govern operating andcompliance risk.
- Assess the risk of the business for existing products and help risk assess the new products.
- Identify opportunities and develop business case.
- Provide compliance oversight, management and reporting to the Co-Presidents.
- Create compliance and risk policies and procedures for all departments to ensure all processes meet regulatory standards and to allow for the assessment and management of operating and compliance risk across the business.
- Ensure compliance principles, policies and procedures as well as regulatory developments are clearly communicated to all relevant staff
- Make sure compliance requirements and regulatory frameworks are reflected in the company products including software and web platforms. Cooperate with IT to make sure the company’s products stay ahead of the curve.
- Work closely with the business to ensure the strategic and operating requirements of the company are in sync with compliance principles and regulatory frameworks.
- Review and keep up to date with changes in regulatory, legislative and market practices that impact the company.
- Support business functions to put in place control mechanisms and environments to allow for the detection of internal or external errors or deviation from contractual obligations in day to day activities.
- Take responsibility for and perform specific legal, compliance and risk projects and tasks as required.
- Support the Co-Presidents as and when required on specific activities and projects.
- Act as "Trusted Advisor" to the business.
Skill or knowledge required:
- Master of Laws / LL.M. or equivalent required.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the financial services industry required.
- Knowledge of cross-border capital markets and tax, bank regulatory and compliance requirements, and KYC/AML laws and regulations required.
- Knowledge of withholding tax on securities and understanding of custody back office and relevant business & computer systems will be considered an advantage.
- Exceptional reasoning and analytical skills.
- Ability to work proactively with other departments and business partners.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to lead projects including planning, execution, tracking and communication. Ability to assist in planning in the short, medium and long-term business environments.
- Strong risk assessment, analytical, decision making, interpersonal, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting work loads of both the team and their own workload.
- To work independently as well as to be a team player.
- To identify opportunities for improvement and plan and manage their introduction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including client communication and ability to mark up legal/procedural documents. Other languages are a large plus.
Fixed salary, with excellent prospects + annual performance based incentive.
Send your CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com.