Careers New York
Acupay is looking to hire a systems administrator to support its growing business in Europe and America, and help the company expand its infrastructure capabilities. The systems administrator is expected to perform basic systems administration, regular maintenance and monitoring tasks, network security, user account management, server and PC support, and documentation.The systems administrator will work closely with the Development Team and directly with users remediating server, network, and desktop issues.
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, including Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 is required
- Windows Server administration experience, including Active Directory is required
- Basic MS SQL Server 2008 R2 administration experience is required. Any further experience with database administration is a plus
- Network Troubleshooting experience, including TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS is required
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical employees
- A willingness to work off scheduled hours and possible travel if needed
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills on the job
- VBScript/Powershell/VB.NET experience a plus but not required
- Any experience with Microsoft Exchange Server is a plus, but not required
- PBX Administration experience a plus but not required
- Onsite Service and Remote Desktop/User support
- Resolving service requests submitted via ticket system, phone, or walk up
- Perform regular proactive services
- Monitoring of data backups
- Software and hardware installations/troubleshooting and other related IT Technician functions
- Creation of Infrastructure and Process documentation
- Work with the development team to deploy or repair servers and networking equipment
- Monitor and conform to the data protection and privacy regimes signed with various clients, and ensure industry-standard security policies are followed
To apply for this position, please send your resume to CareersNYC@acupay.com.
Legal, Compliance and Risk Officer
Purpose of the Role:
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to the business to identify, assess and govern operating andcompliance risk.
- Assess the risk of the business for existing products and help risk assess the new products.
- Identify opportunities and develop business case.
- Provide compliance oversight, management and reporting to the Co-Presidents.
- Create compliance and risk policies and procedures for all departments to ensure all processes meet regulatory standards and to allow for the assessment and management of operating and compliance risk across the business.
- Ensure compliance principles, policies and procedures as well as regulatory developments are clearly communicated to all relevant staff
- Make sure compliance requirements and regulatory frameworks are reflected in the company products including software and web platforms. Cooperate with IT to make sure the company’s products stay ahead of the curve.
- Work closely with the business to ensure the strategic and operating requirements of the company are in sync with compliance principles and regulatory frameworks.
- Review and keep up to date with changes in regulatory, legislative and market practices that impact the company.
- Support business functions to put in place control mechanisms and environments to allow for the detection of internal or external errors or deviation from contractual obligations in day to day activities.
- Take responsibility for and perform specific legal, compliance and risk projects and tasks as required.
- Support the Co-Presidents as and when required on specific activities and projects.
- Act as "Trusted Advisor" to the business.
Skill or knowledge required:
- Master of Laws / LL.M. or equivalent required.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the financial services industry required.
- Knowledge of cross-border capital markets and tax, bank regulatory and compliance requirements, and KYC/AML laws and regulations required.
- Knowledge of withholding tax on securities and understanding of custody back office and relevant business & computer systems will be considered an advantage.
- Exceptional reasoning and analytical skills.
- Ability to work proactively with other departments and business partners.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to lead projects including planning, execution, tracking and communication. Ability to assist in planning in the short, medium and long-term business environments.
- Strong risk assessment, analytical, decision making, interpersonal, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting work loads of both the team and their own workload.
- To work independently as well as to be a team player.
- To identify opportunities for improvement and plan and manage their introduction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including client communication and ability to mark up legal/procedural documents. Other languages are a large plus.
Fixed salary, with excellent prospects + annual performance based incentive.
Send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.